Saturday, February 19, 2011

crafty royal wedding

 
I love this cross-stitch pattern by Subversive Cross Stitch and Mr X for the occasion of the impending Royal Wedding. It was included in the Independent newspaper and the free pattern download is available from the Subversive Stitch website. I am pretty tempted to give it a go myself! I love the idea of changing the 'Keep Calm Carry On' motto and visually I find the 'handwriting stitch' down the bottom very appealing. It says 'A Royal Wedding bought to you in association with the Coaliton Goverment' very clever.
 
It got me thinking about other wedding souvenirs that might be being subversively produced, so after a quick search I found Lydia Leith's 'Royal Wedding Sick Bags'.
 
 
While I'm not against the wedding per se, I think it is interesting that crafters are creatively engaging and commenting with the event.
 
and from England's OK magazine, knitted Kate and William dolls (they didn't provide information as to who was making them).
 
Top 5 Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding souvenirs
 
I found the link for the free pattern by Galt, so not a souvenir created by an independent crafter, but funny none-the-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment